This year’s oscars were a dream come true! Octavia Spencer won her first oscar for The Help. Meryl Streep won her first oscar in many years and the jewels were dazzling on the red carpet. While the gowns were very distracting, the fabulous gems were also winners among the stars. Here’s my top 5 red carpet jewelry picks
5. Angelina Jolie – Less is more. Jolie had on nothing but a small diamond earring with her black dress. The lack of gems made the dress even sexier. I’m giving her a nod for skipping jewels to make a statement.
4. Penelope Cruz – Looked great in a diamond choker. The look with a small dangling earring gave Penelope an old Hollywood look with modern flair.
3. Stacy Keibler – George Clooney’s date wore dangling diamond and gold earrings to match her oscar gold dress.
2. Octavia Spencer – The Oscar winner wore sparkling Neil Lane earrings. These dangling earrings are great with a strapless dress or plunging neckline. Octavia allowed the earrings to shine by skipping the necklace. Kudos to Octavia for a sparkling gown and a sparkling performance.
1. Meryl Streep – The oscar winner wore a daring gold dress with a matching long gold earring. She made a daring choice and that’s why she’s an oscar winner and a style jewelry star of the night.